Community Support by Qualified Social Workers
The Social Workers support individuals and whanau/families through challenging situations.
What is community support?
Professional social workers who help to improve, encourage and promote the well-being of individuals, families and couples.
Their role is to assess people's needs and then access supports that meet those needs.
- Home support visits
- Office support visits
- Attend appointments of importance to the individual and/or family
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Make practical and achievable plans
The social worker will:
- Act at all times with professional integrity
- Be competent to promote social change
- Adhere to the Social Work Registration Board Code of Conduct
- Recognise and support diversity among groups and individuals
- Acknowledge the Treaty of Waitangi and tikanga Maori.
- Confidentiality is important., please see the page about confidentiality
- The Social Worker promotes effective, positive change with all who they work with.
This is completely free service.
How do I access this service?
To make an appointment, simply phone our office on 09-235 9099 or drop in during office opening hours.
Monday and Friday 10.00am to 2.00pm
Tuesday to Thursday 9.30am to 4.00pm.
Our friendly staff will take your name and contact details and pass them on to the community social worker team who will call you and discuss your needs and make an appointment to see you.
To access our service download our referral form