Community Support by Qualified Social Workers
The Social Work team support individuals and whanau/families through challenging situations.
What is community support?
Professional social workers who help to improve, encourage and promote the well-being of individuals, families and couples.
Their role is to assess people's needs and then access supports that meet those needs.
- Home support visits
- Office support visits
- Attend appointments of importance to the individual and/or family
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Make practical and achievable plans
The social worker will:
- Act at all times with professional integrity
- Be competent to promote social change
- Adhere to the Social Work Registration Board Code of Conduct
- Recognise and support diversity among groups and individuals
- Acknowledge the Treaty of Waitangi and tikanga Maori.
- Confidentiality is important., please see the page about confidentiality
- The Social Worker promotes effective, positive change with all who they work with.
This is completely free service.
How do I access this service?
To make an appointment, simply phone our office on 09-235 9099 or drop in during office opening hours.
Monday and Friday 10.00am to 2.00pm
Tuesday to Thursday 9.30am to 4.00pm.
You can download and complete our referral form and e-mail it through if easier. E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org